Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work.
The aim of this qualification is to enable learners to attain the knowledge and competences needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations. Learners should be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations with an understanding of the role of the first aider.
This qualification is designed for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide First Aid when dealing with an emergency situation.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Be able to assess an incident.
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking.
- Manage a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- Manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Understand how to manage a casualty with a minor injury.
This Award in Emergency First Aid at Work is valid for a period of 3 years, within which time the learner will need to re-take the course and the assessments in order to remain qualified. It is regarded as best practice for those holding first aid qualifications to undertake annual refresher training.